Shawl-Anderson Dance Center is pleased to offer the dance community four studios for rent at affordable rates. Our studios can be rented for rehearsals and photoshoots. Our studios can not be rented for private lessons unless authorized by our staff. For further information, please review our Rental Policies and Hourly Rental Rates information below or call us at 510-654-5921 to reserve a studio.
We accept payment for studio rental by cash or check at the front desk at the time of your rental.
Payment is due before you enter the studio to begin your rental. Please check in at the desk before you begin rehearsal/rental time.
We schedule a 15-minute window between classes and studio rentals, both before and after class.
Please allow a class to finish uninterrupted. If a class goes over by more than 10 minutes please have the desk staff on-duty check in with the teacher.
Studios are available for rehearsals only. For approval to teach a private class, workshop, etc. please contact Rebecca Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Absolutely no street shoes on our floors, no exceptions. If you want to wear dance shoes for rehearsal, please call us to inquire about rental time and discuss what kind of dance shoes you hope to be able to use.
On-going rental is available; please consult desk staff. Scheduling and billing must be pre-arranged.
We ask that you call us immediately at 510-654-5921 if you are going to cancel - especially for evening and weekend rentals when we are extremely busy. We do not currently have a cancelation fee, but your consideration will allow us to continue this courtesy.
- For 1-7 dancers (and/or musicians) - $15.00/hr
- For 8-14 dancers (and/or musicians) - $20.00/hr
- For 15 or more dancers (and/or musicians) - $25.00/hr
* 24' by 44' Marley Floor - piano, five large windows for cross-ventilation
* 20' by 40' Marley floor - pian, two skylights, two windows and a wall fan for ventilation
* 20' by 40' finished hardwood floor - two windows, wall fan, character dancing permitted
* 24' by 28' Marley floor - piano, three windows